I am a Visual Communications Designer who is particularly interested in branding, motion graphics, and cross-media visual design. Ideally, Ideally, I am looking for full-time employment at company that will be a good fit for a long time to come. One with a culture that shares my love of design, innovation and digital technology, with a casual, but hardworking environment.
Over the past few years I worked as a Visual Designer at IBM, a Marketing Design Director at a start-up app Transfast, and I completed a Master of Science in Communication Design from Pratt, where I focused on UI, UX, visual, digital, and interactive design, motion graphics, typography, branding, visual perception, and visual communications.
My background is in writing, print and digital production, and graphic design. In December 2015 I graduated from Pratt's Graduate Communications Design program where I studied motion graphics, typography, branding, visual perception, ui, ux, interactive design, digital design and visual communications.
Please feel free to contact me.
85 Devoe Street, 7b
Brooklyn, NY 11211
917 974 9891
FREELANCE VISUAL COMMUNICATIONS DESIGNER
Various Companies including Tranfast, New York, NY, 2014-Present (While at Pratt)
• Design web banners, evites, emails, flyers, invitations, advertisements, marketing collateral, posters, bookmarks, presentation decks, etcetera…
IBM (Contractor), New York, NY, 2016-Present
• Design visually compelling webpages. Attend Agile scrum calls. Interact with clients, UX Designers and developers.
Baruch College, Office of Communications, Marketing and Public Affairs,
New York, NY, 2013-2014
• Designed and layed-out web banners, invitations, advertisements, marketing collateral, posters, bookmarks, or anything else needed.
SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Tech Media Network/Laptop Magazine, New York, NY, 2012-2013
• Designed magazine pages and graphic elements for print and web. Photo research, selection and editing. Digital production.
SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER
DOTmed, New York, NY, 2011-2012
• Designed and coordinated 1 monthly magazine, 2 annual buyers’ guides, advertisements, website, and marketing materials for print and web.
FREELANCE GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Ann Taylor, Banta Integrated Media, BMI, CDM Publishing, Harvard University Business School Publishing, Houghton Mifflin, Macmillan, Kangol Headwear, McCann Worldgroup, Pearson Custom Publishing, Prentice Hall, Toniq, Transfast, Tufts University Office of Publications, Rapp Collins, Ziff Davis Media, Boston and New York, NY, 1999-2010
The Pratt Institute, New York, NY
• Master of Science, Communications Design
University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA
Goddard College, Plainfield, VT
• Bachelor of Arts, English
Agile • Animated Gifs • Art Direction • Branding • Communication Design • Concepting • Copywriting • Data Visualization • Digital • Email Blasts • Graphic Design • Interactive • Mobile Apps • Motion Design • Photo Editing • Presentations • Print • Publishing • Responsive Design • Social Media • Storyboards • Strategy • Typography• UI • UX • Visual Communications • Web Banners • Wireframes
Acrobat CC • After Effects CC • Flinto • Illustrator CC • InDesign CC • InVision • Keynote • MS Office • Photoshop CC • Powerpoint • Sketch • Slack
IBM, New York, NY, March 2017
• IBM Design Thinking Practitioner
Design, Experience Design, Empathy, Ideation, User-Centeric Design,
User-Centered Design, User Experience, User Research, UI, UX